Statement on the Interim Report of the Presidential Working Party on Education Reform.
The Presidential Working Party on Education Reform presented an interim report to President William Ruto today. Consequently, the government has given the following directives:
1. Junior secondary schools - Grade 7, Grade 8 and Grade 9 - will be domiciled in the existing primary schools. The Ministry of Education will provide the necessary guidelines on how this will be done.
2. The Grade 6 Kenya Primary School Education Assessment (KPSEA) will not be used for placement in Junior Secondary School. Instead, it will be used as an assessment to monitor learning progress and provide feedback to education sector players on areas that require intervention.
3. An extra classroom and laboratory will be built in every primary school. The construction of laboratories will be given priority within the next one year. Members of Parliament are asked to work towards providing support for the extra facilities. Meanwhile, primary schools neighboring secondary schools will share the laboratories and other facilities with junior secondary schools.
4. The Ministry of Education, Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development and the Teachers Service Commission will work on modalities of fast-tracking retooling teachers to ensure the country has sufficient numbers who are compliant with CBC. Priority will be given to those teachers who will be handling Grade 7 learners.
5. Government will recruit an additional 30,000 teachers by January 2023 to facilitate the transition and bridge the teacher shortage.
The Presidential Working Party on Education Reform has up to March 2023 to submit the final report.
6th Dec 2022
Landes Hardware Store now open in Eastlake Shopping center Marina Da Gama are closing at 8pm tonight. Visit the centre and feel the festive vibe. Come and
21st Nov 2022
Weight Loss after Pregnancy and Child Birth Reclaiming your body after childbirth can be challenging because this is a time when you are trying to learn aweight loss, post-partum weight, pregnancy, weight loss journey, baby weight, losing weight after childbirth, breastfeeding, healthy diet after pregnancy, home remedies for weight loss
14th Nov 2022
HOW TO SETUP LIPA NA M-PESA ONLINE API LIPA NA M-PESA PAYMENT INTERGRATION Mpesa is a mobile money payment service by Safaricom based in Kenya. It was re
22nd Feb 2023
Scholarship Name: Type Country Duration(Years) Deadline Download Link CALL FOR APPLICATIONS TO THE HUNGARIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP Pscholarship, international learning, exchange programs
Leave a Comment